Friday, October 16, 2009

A start

Theology has been a topic i've always been interested in.  Its a study that I have taken up very recently and is something im very interested in.  The main focus of my study's have been in the very focused realm of Christian Apologetics, books like Case for Christ and Case for Faith both written by Lee Strobel.  The first, Case for Christ talks about the objections to the credibility of the Gospels, the existence of Christ, and if he did exist was he who he claimed to be.  Case for Faith is focused on the hard questions of life that nobody knows the answers too.  Questions like, if there is a God why does he allow evil to exist, why is there so much suffering in the world, and why do bad things happen to good people.  Both of these books support God and try to answer these questions using logic and historical evidence for support.  I found them to be very convincing and enforcers of my faith.  
Since I've read these i've had the desire to study other subjects about God and religion.  If anyone is of another religion then christianity then please, id love to know the things you believe and the different ways you do things.  Even if you happen to be an atheist Im interested in hearing why you don't believe in God and to see the effect of it on your life in the way you do things.  This is the start of a great blog I hope, Ill see you guys another day.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you chose something that you are passionate about! Your first post is well done. Make sure that you retain the informational aspect of this blog and do not stray toward the preaching. This is a school activity...

    I am excited to read some of the discussions that you begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEAT BALL. Alright I don't want to argue with anyone that reads this but, I am not an atheist I do not believe in religion much. Yes I do believe in a "god", but sense those books had a big impact on you, and you asked us to share our believes, and you've heard there side you should watch this VIDEO skip to 9"35 thats when it starts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I read your comment and I do agree some verses and quotes could be taken out of context but who's to say they are what everyone else percepts them to be a sign, verse, quote etc. always has a specific meaning, but people can take them out of context whether that be for the object or against it but because we are talking about the bible there is no source to tell us wrong or right.

    ReplyDelete